Sugar Donuts are topped with granulated sugar. These simple and tasty donuts are made with yeast and plain flour. These are considered as the favorite tea time treat and a good snack for kids lunch boxes.
Flour 3 cups
Salt 1 pinch
Sugar 2 tbsp
Egg 1 beaten
Milk 1 to 2 tbsp
Yeast 2 tbsp
Water 1/2 cup
Oil 1/4 cup
Extra Flour For rolling the dough
Oil For deep frying
Icing Sugar Half Cup
PREPARATION AND RECIPE
1. Mix yeast in half cup water. Mix well and leave for 20 mins till the liquid rises (pour the liquid in a medium size bowl), at a warm place.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add oil, liquid yeast mixture, egg and milk (1 tbsp at a time).
3. Knead well till the soft dough is formed. Leave the dough for 30 mins at some warm place or till it is double the size.
4. Turn the dough on to a floured surface. Knead lightly. Press or roll out to form a round, about 1 inch thick.
6. Place your doughnuts on a floured tray and leave for about 20 mins.
7.Once they are double in size, deep fry at low medium heat. Once golden brown turn the side and cook for about 1 to 2 mins.
Makes: 12 to 14 Doughnuts
Try this recipe and don’t forget to give your feedback. If you make any variation do let us know. We will try that and will publish on our blog with your name. If you are confused about any step or you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask via comment box. 🙂