Kashmiri chaai or pink tea is specialty of Kashmir. The tea is made with green tea leaves (and/or specific type of green tea leaves). Some people use baking soda, to give it pink color. But my recipe has no baking soda in it. However, if you feel that the pink tea is not changing its color after adding cold water in it, you can simply add a pinch of soda.
This recipe of Pink Tea was given to me by one of our family friends and an old neighbor. This recipe has never disappointed me Alhamdulillah. That is why I decided to share it with my readers.
- Water 6 cups
- Green Tea Leaves/ Kashmiri Tea Leaves 4 tsp
- Cardamom 3 to 4
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Milk 2 1/2 cups
- Cold Water 2 cups
- Heat water in a pan at medium heat.
- Add salt, green tea leaves and cardamom to the water and bring it to boil.
- Cook for 45 mins or till water remain half.
- Add cold water and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- In another pan, bring milk to boil.
- Add the mil to your tea.
- Serve hot with crushed/ ground dry fruits.