Mousse is my all time favorite dessert, When I was kid my mother used to make Cold Lemon Souffle and used to serve it with instant jelly. When I grew up I started making the dessert my self using different flavors in it. I mostly prefer natural flavors, add fruits directly instead of using essence but I always use few drops of vanilla essence.Adding vanilla essence reduces the chances of any taste or smell of raw eggs.
The soft texture and creamy taste of mousse is loved by everyone. It is a best addition to your party menu.
For now I’ll share Banana mousse or cold banana souffle recipe. But will gradually add other mousses and souffles recipes to my blog.
Secret behind best banana souffle is to use best quality ingredients, beat the separated eggs and cream properly, chill the dessert for at least 5 to 6 hours.
Here is the recipe 🙂
Whipping Cream 200 ml
Bananas 6 Mashed
Eggs 3 Separated
Ground Sugar 3/4 Cups
Gelatin 1 tb sp
Water Ice Cold 1/8 cup
Vanilla Essenece 1 tsp Drops
Yellow color 1 tsp
- In a bowl beat Cream with 2 tb sp sugar, few drops of vanilla and few drops of yellow color. Beat for 3 to 5 mins or until the cream is stiff.
- In a separate bowl beat Egg yolks with 2 tb sp sugar, few drops of vanilla and few drops of yellow color. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the yolks change their color to light yellow (Lemon yellow)
- In a separate bowl beat Egg whites with remaining sugar, vanilla and yellow. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks are formed.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add beaten cream in it.
- Add egg yolks and mashed bananas and mix well with the help of electric beater. (at slow speed)
- Fold egg whites in the mixture with spatula till well combined.
- Add *prepared gelatin* and mix well with the help of large spoon.
- Pour the mixture in serving bowl and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours or until the mixture sets.
- Sprinkle Gelatin in ice cold water. let it set for 1 minute.
- Microwave for 15 seconds.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over your dessert immediately and mix well.
SERVES : 6 persons.
SERVING IDEAS: Decorate with cream and/or sliced bananas.
Try this recipe and don’t forget to give your feedback. If you make any variation do let us know. We will try that and will publish on our blog with your name. If you are confused about any step or you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask via comment box. 🙂