Pakoray (Fritters) are eaten in almost every Pakistani house and are found in all food shops. Pakoray are made with the combination of Chickpea flour, water, salt, red pepper powder, baking soda and any vegetable or cooked chicken etc.
The secret of good pakoray is, a pinch of soda (varies with the quantity of chickpea flour) and properly heated oil. Pakoray are best when deep fried.
Palak pakoray are made with spinach leaves. You can also chop the leaves if you like but i prefer making with the whole leaf.
Chickpea flour 4tbsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
Baking soda 1/8 tsp
Spinach leaves 7 full size
Water Enough to make paste for deep frying
Oil For deep frying
1. In a bowl combine first three ingredients.
2. Add water gradually (1 tbl spoon at a time) to make thick paste.
3. Dip spinach leaves one by one, in the batter (make sure to cover both sides of the leaves with chickpea batter)
4. Deep fry till golden brown.
5. Serve with tamarind chutney and enjoy.