Chocolate doughnut is one of the most popular type of doughnuts. In these doughnuts chocolate topping is used. There are variety of chocolate toppings, like melted chcolate, chocolate ganache, chocolate sauce etc. Here I will share the recipe of simple melted chocolate topping.
1. Mix yeast in half cup water. Mix well and leave for 20 mins till the liquid rises (pour the liquid in a medium size bowl), at a warm place.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add oil, liquid yeast mixture, egg and milk (1 tbsp at a time).
3. Knead well till the soft dough is formed. Leave the dough for 30 mins at some warm place or till it is double the size.
4. Turn the dough on to a floured surface. Knead lightly. Press or roll out to form a round, about 1 inch thick.
5. Cut into rounds using a floured doughnut cutter.
6. Place your doughnuts on a floured tray and leave for about 20 mins.
7.Once they are double in size, deep fry at low medium heat. Once golden brown turn the side and cook for about 1 to 2 mins.