Chicken Manchurian is an adaptation of Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken. In addition to Chinese seasonings some Pakistani spices are used to make it a little bit spicy. Manchurian is mostly served with plain cooked or fried rice. I has very little amount of oil which makes it very light and a little spicy sauce makes it very delicious in taste.
Here is the recipe. Hope you will like it.
Chicken Breast half (cut in to cubes)
Eggs ½ beaten
Salt 1/8 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 pinch
Vinegar 1 tsp
Soy Sauce 1 tsp
Tomato Ketchup 2 tb sp
Garlic 1 clove (crushed or thinly chopped)
Oil 1 tbsp
PREPARATION OF CHICKEN:
1. Mix all the ingredients together except chicken, it will be like a sauce.
2. Add chicken in to the sauce and mix well. Leave for half hour to one hour.
3. After one : heat a pan without oil. Slightly cook the chicken for 2 to 3 mins. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Set aside.
Onion 1 medium (cut in to cubes)
Capsicum 1 medium (cut in to cubes)
Carrot half (cut in julienne)
Fresh Beans 6 to 7 (Cut in julienne)
TO SAUTE VEGETABLES:
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan.
Saute vegetables for 1 to 1 and a half mins, add 2 pinch salt and 2 pinch black pepper powder.
Take out in a dish and set aside (do not cover the vegetables).
Oil 1 ½ tbsp
Garlic 1 small clove or ½ large clove (Thinly chopped)
Onion 1 small onion thinly chopped
Chicken already prepared.
Chicken stock (or chicken stock cubes) ½
Water ¾ cup
Tomato Ketchup 2 – 2 ½ tbsp
Salt and pepper 2 inches each
Vinegar 2 tsp
Soy Sauce 2 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Cornflour 1 tsp diluted in 2 ½ tsp water.
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Add onion and garlic, cook till light brown.
3. Add chicken.
4. Cover and leave for 3 to 5 mins at very low heat.
5. Remove the lid.
6. Add water, salt , peper, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar and stock.
7. Mix , cover and leave for 2 to 3 mins.
8. Add corn flour and cook for 1 to 2 mins.
9. Add vegetables and cook for another 1 min.
10. Serve hot with fried rice.
Try this recipe and don’t forget to give your feedback. If you make any variation do let us know. We will try that and will publish on our blog with your name. If you are confused about any step or you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask via comment box. 🙂