Carrot cupcakes and cakes are one of my favorite winter treats. These cupcakes are best when combined with cream cheese frosting. If you want to add some more flavor you can add 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg in the given recipe. Always use freshly grated carrots for best results. Avoid over beating and over mixing. Once you combine all ingredients shift the batter in to the cake mold and bake immediately, because baking soda reacts to the liquid and you might get flat cakes and cupcakes. You can also add nuts and specially walnuts to the batter (at the stage where you fold carrots in to the batter), they taste really good.
- Grated raw carrots 2 1/2 cups
- Plain white flour 2 cups
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon 1 1/2 tsp
- Eggs 4
- White Sugar 1 cup
- Brown Sugar 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil 1 cup
- Vanilla Few drops
- Pre heat oven at 180 C or 350 F
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder.
- In a separate bowl, Beat eggs for 2 to 3 mins at slow speed (with hand or electric beater).
- Gradually add white sugar ,brown sugar and vanilla essence and continue beating (add white and brown sugar gradually and add vanilla essence all at once). Beat for 5 to 7 mins, till the egg mixture looks slightly pale.
- Gradually add oil and continue beating for another couple of minutes.
- Add flour mixture in to the egg mixture and fold with spatula or mix with the beater. (either way you do, always avoid over mixing)
- Fold in grated carrots.
- Fill 3/4 of the muffin tins or cupcake cases.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting, either with spoon or piping bag.
- Decorate with fondant or sprinkles.
- Enjoy your cupcakes and if you have any question feel free to ask.