Pakistani food specially curries are incomplete without Achaar (Pickles) and Chutnies (Sauces and dips) . The addition of these sauces and pickles make the food tastier also they are very helpful in digestion. The ingredients used in the making of chutni or achaar are very good for digestive process.
Aaloo Bukhara Chutni or Plum Sauce is mostly home made. It is served in home functions, parties and weddings. Its sweet and sauce taste is loved by everyone specially with curries and snacks.
You can also add almonds and mixed melon seeds to your Aaloo Bukhara Chutni.
Dried Plum 200 gms
Water 2 1/2 cups
Sugar 3/4 cup
Salt 3/4 tsp
Red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp
Red pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Almonds (optional) 7 to 10
Mixed Melon Seeds (Chaar Maghez) 1 tb sp
- In a small pan put all the ingredients (except almonds and seeds) and bring to boil.
- Turn the heat to very low, cover with lid and leave for 1 hour.
- After half hour add the almonds to your chutni and stir.
- Cover and leave for another one hour.
- After one hour remove the lid. If there is still some water increase the heat and keep stirring the chutni till it becomes thick.
- If it is already thick means your sauce is ready.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add Mixed melon seeds.
- Serve Chutni with snacks and curries.
MAKES: one medium bowl.
If you want to store the chatni for longer use add the following preservatives while cooking chatni
1/2 tsp Tartric acid
1/2 tsp citric acid
Use Sterilized bottles for storing the chatni. Use clean spoons when you take out the chatni for use
Try this recipe and don’t forget to give your feedback. If you make any variation do let us know. We will try that and will publish on our blog with your name. If you are confused about any step or you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask via comment box. 🙂