Mitho Tikro (Sweet pancake) or Chillro is Sindhi style pancake. Originally it is made from Wheat flour and sugar. But variations can be made by adding a little bit of flour and semolina. Addition of semolina makes it crispy and even tastier. Originally it is made in Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter specially made with cow milk) and is considered a very healthy dish, specially for breakfasts. It is a winter dish.
Mitho tikro was first introduced to me when I was a kid. My grandmother used to serve us Mitho tikro for break fast along with the cup of tea. It is also helpful in weaknesses that sometimes occur from fever, or long term illness. Though it should be avoided if you have throat infections, cough etc as it is made with ghee.
I personally like the ghee version of Mitho tikro. But sometimes I make it in oil instead of ghee, to avoid heaviness. If you want to eat Mitho tikro for health purpose you can make it in desi ghee place your tikro (pancake) in to a bowl and add some milk into it. It tastes very nice.
Wheat Flour 3/4 cups
White Flour 1tb sp
Semolina 2 tb sp
Eggs 1 beaten
Sugar 2 – 3 tb sp
Water Enough to make thick paste (like pancake batter)
Desi Ghee/ oil 4-5 tb sp
- 1. Heat oil in a pan at medium heat.
- 2. In a bowl mix together all dry ingredients (Both flours, semolina and sugar).
- 3. Add egg and water (add water little by little) and make a thick paste just like pancake batter.
- 4. Spread the batter in the pan and leave at medium heat for 3 mins or till you feel the edges are getting crispy.
- 5. Turn the side of pancake and leave for another 3 mins.
- 6. Carefully take out in a plate and serve hot with tea, hot milk, or coffee and enjoy.
This Recipe makes 3 pancakes in my case it was 2 large and one medium pancake.
Try this recipe and don’t forget to give your feedback. If you make any variation do let us know. We will try that and will publish on our blog with your name. If you are confused about any step or you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask via comment box. 🙂