Pakistani winters are incomplete without different type of halwas that too made in desi ghee. Halwas can be made with different flours,grains and sometimes even vegetables like chickpea, carrot, pulses, etc. these are thoroughly cooked in desi ghee with some additional ingredients. Some halwas are made in milk and some of them are made with water. Here is the recipe of a water based besan ka halwa or chickpea flour halwa.
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2cup (you can add more sugar according to your taste)
- Ghee 1cup
- Cardemom ½ tsp(ground)
- Almonds Asrequired (For Garnishing)
- Pistachio Asrequired (For Garnishing)
- Cashewnuts As required(For Garnishing)
- Add Besan (Chickpea Flour) and cook, stirring continuously, till the besan changes its color. It will take few minutes (approximately for 5 minutes)
- Add sugar and cook for 3 to 5 minutes (stirring continuously)
- Add water stir with spoon till the besan starts leaving the sides.
- Your halwa is ready.
- Garnish with nuts and serve warm .