This Masala chicken is my own invention. I experimented with some Pakistani spices and the result was really awesome. It’s tasty, it’s spicy and is rich in flavor.
Oil ½ cup
Chicken ½ Kg
Onions 2 (Chopped)
Ginger paste 1tsp
Garlic paste 1tsp
Tomato paste 5 tomatoes
Green Chillies 1small chopped
Coriander leaves 8 to 10 leaves
Red Chili powder 1tsp
Black pepper powder 1tsp
Turmeric ½ tsp
Methi (Fenugreek leaves) 1tsp
Cumin 1/4th tsp (toasted and crushed)
Dried Coriander 2tsp
Garam Masala powder 1tsp
Cinnamon Stick 1small
Black peppers 3
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add onions.
3. Stir till golden brown.
4. Take out caramelized onions in a paper towel.
5. In a blender, blend onions, tomato paste and yogurt.
6. In the same pan put ginger, garlic and chicken.
7. Fry the chicken till it changes the color.
8. Add yogurt mixture in the chicken and all spices.
9. Stir for 5 to 7 mins at medium flame.
10. Pour 1 ½ cups of water.
11. Turn the flame to very low.
12. Cover with lid and leave for 25 to 30 mins or till the chicken is tender.
13. Garnish with chopped green chilies, chopped green coriander, serve with Raita (Yogurt dip) Enjoy with Chapati or naan.