Bhuna gosht is a favorite Eid Ul Adha treat of almost every house in Pakistan. Each house has its own taste of fried lamb as the recipes varies from house to house. Some people add yogurt while others add tomatoes. So there are variety of recipes of Bhuna gosht. The one I am sharing with you is the easiest one.
Ever since I gained consciousness I have eaten this bhuna gosht on every Eid ul Azha. Basically its a dried kind of curry, really dried. Taste of tender meat/lamb with that of spices gives it a unique taste.
The recipe I am going to share is a very very easy recipe neither it involves yogurt, nor tomatoes. All you have to do is boil the meat/lamb and fry it and few spices while boiling and frying. This is my mom’s recipe… Kind of ‘secret recipe’. I tried the recipe few days back, for the first time. And it turned great. Everyone loved the taste.
Hope you’ll like the recipe
Lamb/ Mutton/ Beef 700gm
Water 5 cups
Salt 2 tsp
Cinnamon Stick 3 medium
Onions 2 small (Sliced)
Oil 4 tb sp
Red Pepper Powder 2 tb sp
Coriander Powder 2 tb sp
Garam Masalah Powder 1/2 tsp
- Heat water in a medium sized pan.
- Add Meat, Salt, Cinnamon Sticks and Onions.
- Bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to very low. Cover with lid and leave for 2 hours or till the meat is tender.
- Once the meat is tender and you still find some water in the pan increase the heat to very high.
- Dry the water while stirring the meat after every 5 to 7 mins.
- Once the water is ALMOST dried, reduce the heat to very low.
- Add oil in the same pan.
- Add red pepper powder, and coriander powder and cook stirring.
- Add Garam Masalah Powder.
- Cover the pan and leave for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with Naan and enjoy.
Try this recipe and don’t forget to give your feedback. If you make any variation do let us know. We will try that and will publish on our blog with your name. If you are confused about any step or you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask via comment box. 🙂